Friday 29 July 2016

Twelve Tags of 2016 Remix Challenge ~ July

Well ! It's been a whirlwind of a month for me. I have said my goodbyes to all my wonderful colleagues and the marvellous children I've worked with and after more than 40 years of teaching, on and off, I have finally retired. It hasn't really sunk in yet, I suppose it won't seem real until September. However, I'm really looking forward to this next chapter of my life and hope to fill a big chunk of my time, pursuing my love of art and craft. What better way to kick start my 'freedom', than with a little tag making, for Tim's Twelve Tags of 2016 Remix Challenge. This month Tim has revisted, 'Watercolour Resist' and 'Layered Words'. You can see Tim's wonderful tag  here, with this link. I've used a few improvisations and settled on this lovely circus elephant stamp. I've used an off cut of corrugated card for my tag and the star brads have been 'enamelled' with embossing powder. So that's it for this month, I'm looking forward to seeing what Tim's got in store for August. I shall also, of course, be tuning in to the third installment of Tim's Creative Chemistry course, as CC103 starts on Monday. Hooray !!! x

7 comments:

  1. HUGE congratulations on your retirement Toni!!! It's well deserved time to yourself after a lifetime of service and I hope it's a long and happy time. Your tag is absolutely beautiful and whoopee! you get to do CC103 without having any prep for next term in the back of your mind!!! Sending huge hugs lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvelous Toni!!! Love your tag. And huge congrats on your retirement. My brother just retired from teaching and he is loving life. It is different, but you seem to have wonderful things to fill your time (like CC103 for a start :). Looking forward to seeing you in the class gallery next week!! Hugs-- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and amazing tag, Toni! Love the color burst here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is brilliant Toni, love the pops of colour and the ribbon is stunning!

    How wonderful to be retiring, if you are anything like me you will wonder how you ever found time to work! Enjoy every moment - hoping to see you in the Gallery at CC103 too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous fun tag Toni and a great way to start this next phase of your life. I'm sure you will love the new found freedom to be able to create what and whenever you like and to develop a new extended family of artists around the country and world. Enjoy my friend after 40 years in education you deserve it xxx

    ReplyDelete