Monday 27 June 2016

A Little Bird Told Me........


Hi everybody ! I was recently doing some experiments with stamping on tissue paper and had a few pieces left over. I thought I'd use some of them up and put them together on this painted canvas board. I used some of the lovely Indigo Blu Cottage Artist's Paints to paint a sky effect on the canvas and then applied the layers of tissue. I used  pieces of dress pattern tissue paper and white tissue paper that I'd stamped on and also typed on. I think that stamping onto tissue paper provides great scope for blending together several stamped images together, as well as being able to reverse images, as I have done with these faces. The reversed image on the left side, is just slightly lighter than that on the right. The panel has been finished off with a layer of Deco Art Crackle glaze which has produced some lovely crazing. I shall put this on the wall in my craft room to remind myself............'never doubt your creative instincts, just go with them and enjoy the ride' Yes that's my kind of crafting ! I'm going to hop this over to The Country View Challenge blog where this month's challenge theme is 'Crackle' They have a fantastic prize of a £20 credit for their fabulous Country View Crafts shop for one lucky winner. I'll be back shortly with my Tim Tag ! x

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks great, love the way you did the reverse! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooow, Toni, this is fantastic! I absolutely love it! Bravo! Big hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great use of stamped images on tissue! I like the airy look and the sentiment - and of course the crackle!
    Thank you for joining us at Country View Challenges!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab!fabulous as usual. Well done Toni.xx

    ReplyDelete