Friday 25 July 2014

Twelve Tags of 2014- July

This month's tag fits in perfectly with the calendar of my life. As a teacher, I have just started the long summer break. The weather is perfect and the prospect of several weeks of not going to work stretching ahead of me has put me in true holiday mood. What better way to start the holidays than to get stuck into creating this month's tag, for Tim's Twelve Tags of 2014 Challenge. you can see his lovely tag by following the link here. I love the sea theme of this month's tag and was very pleased that my Sand and Sea die arrived in time. The tag has a great dimensional quality with all the different elements stacked on top the background. I love the effect of the Distress Embossing powder on the sand dollar and the way Tim showed us how to use it to create the sand effect and adding a touch of Distress Glitter, is just ..... well.... genius !! That's it for now, until next time, 'happy summer crafting' x

7 comments:

  1. Toni, this is a brilliant take on Tim's tag, the seahorse looks fantastic and so does your sand.

    I hope you have a wonderful summer! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness the weather's continued to hold after the end of term! LOVE the way you've created your tag with all that yummy greenery and sand. Have a fabulous break. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super take on the original Toni! Love how you have arranged it all, great composition and the colouring of your sea horse looks fantastic!

    Enjoy what is no doubt a very well deserved break!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni this is a great take on Tims tag, love the folder you have used for the background and the extra greenery you have put on the front of the sand Dollar. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous Toni, I love the greenery, and the sand looks amazing. I must admit Tim's tag for July has passed me by, I was away when it came out, and I've been playing catch up ever since! Enjoy your Summer break xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni - this is gorgeous. I am envious of your awesome sand!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog so often and leaving such lovely comments - it always makes my day when I see your name crop up in my comment feed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific take on the July tag (missed the boat completely this month!) - the bold orange of the seahorse is really cool, and the texture on the sand dollar is fabulous - looks like I could exfoliate my skin on it!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete