Saturday 29 March 2014

Jumbo Tattered Florals - Oooooo! What Fun !

Hi everybody ! It's my turn to showcase a project over on the eclectic Paperie blog today, here's a little peek. I've been playing with my Jumbo Tattered Florals die and used a flower making technique, which I shared as a step by step on my blog some time ago. I was interested to see whether it worked with the jumbo sized flowers and and I'm pleased to say that it does. You just need to be a bit more careful when scrunching up the petals when they are damp. If this makes no sense whatsoever and you fancy trying it out, you can find the post by following this link. You can also see the full post for this project on the eclectic Paperie blog by following this link. I used the Jumbo Tattered Florals die recently, for a Mother's Day project with a group of the mums I work with at our local Child Development Centre. I thought I'd like to share a picture of the results. The children and mums had fun decorating the petals with lots of glitter glue. I then took them home and applied a little Tim Holtz style magic with Distress inks.
 Considering the resources were pretty limited, I think the flowers turned out pretty good and everyone seemed very happy with their mother's day treat ! Enjoy the rest of the weekend and don't forget UK friends, the clocks go forward tonight, Hurray for light nights ! x

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful creations the Mums and kids did! They are gorgeous.

    I have been over to see your creation and it is fantastic, the flowers are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow again - those flowers are incredibly fabulous! Popping over ... Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - being the lucky possessor of some of your fabulous flowers, I can imagine how glorious they must look in jumbo size! Off to see more at eP...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on creating so many gorgeous blooms! Love the jumbo ones and what an amazing array of flowers for your lucky mums. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete