Tuesday 29 October 2013

Watercolouring for The eTeam Picks Challenge

There's a great new 'e Team Picks' challenge on over at the eclectic Paperie blog. Giovanna is our host and she's chosen 'Water Colouring' as the theme. You can see her gorgeous card by following the link here  This fabulous challenge has given me the perfect opportunity to work on a few more of the alphabet cards I started a while ago. I had only got as far as 'a b c' so I've now added d, e and f. At this rate I should be finished in about 3 years time! The cards measure around 4.5 x 5 inches and are made of fairly heavy weight watercolour paper. Each of the images has been stamped with black Archival Ink and then painted using a Tim Holtz Water Brush with Distress Markers and Distress Ink pads. After painting  the image and the background, I administered a heavy dose of distress ink blending, with Old Paper, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress ink. I also used my favourite 'splash' stamp from Tim's Bitty Grunge stamp set, before adding the stamped letter. The alphabet stamps are from a Tim Holtz set of 'Foam Stampz' called Chronicles.   Here are some close ups of the cards I made today....


It's been really great to get reacquainted with my Distress Markers, I'd forgotten just how lovely they are to use. I scribbled my colours onto my craft mat, using the brush end of the pen and then spritzed with water before picking up the colour with my water brush. This prevents the colour from being too intense. If you'd like to try your hand at water colouring, why not hop over  to the eclectic Paperie blog, hit the 'e Team Picks Challenge' button and follow the challenge guidelines. While you're there have a look at some of the fabulously inspirational work from Giovanna and the rest of the team. We'd love to see what you come up with ! Many of the supplies I've used for these cards can be purchased at the brilliant eclectic Paperie shop. Kim is constantly adding to her product range and will do her best to get hold of additional supplies on request. Did I mention that there is also a prize of $15 worth of goods for one lucky winner? So what are you waiting for get those supplies out and start your water colour entry ! x

8 comments:

  1. These are really gorgeous Toni. I love painting with my distress pads, but I can't get on with the markers at all. Must practice more.

    These really do look old. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful set of cards Toni. I love the gentle effect you've achieved with the watercolouring. Very professional. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Toni! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, these cards are so LOVELY! Each one is a work of art! What do you plan on using them for? Something Clever I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous, delicate watercolouring - what a beautiful set of vintage cards. I love these, Toni!

    Had a crazy work week on the back of the house move, so now looking forward to some catching up (crafting and sleeping) over the next few days.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my giddy aunt Toni,lol..these are truly stunning, loooove the vintage feel to them all!
    Finally getting a minute to draw breath after last week and the boys birthdays.
    Thank you for the beautiful comments on my 12 days journal....
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love these. Love that rustic look and your watercoloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them!! The rustic look is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete