Wednesday 24 April 2013

WOYWW #203


Good morning everybody. This is my first WOYWW post for several weeks. It's been one of those times when everything seems to happen on a Wednesday! still here I am to share my rather untiy craft space with you. Why? because Julia over at  her Stamping Ground blog has been hosting this weekly opportunity to browse each others craft space and get inspired by what you see. Hop over there and get involved, it's great fun and pretty addictive. My table is just as I left it when I went off to cook the tea yesterday. I'd been having a go at the Tim Holtz tag for April, so there's Distress ink and paint every where, but mostly on the still uncleaned craft mat. I kept mopping it up with tags as I went along and have ended up with several useful but a bit dark background. Anyway one of the most interesting things on my table is a little jar with a massive dead bumble bee in it which I found in my garden. It's in perfect condition so I'm not sure why it died. I'm thinking of setting it in resin for posterity. Any way have a browse around 'cause I'm now off to the day job x

14 comments:

  1. Your desk looks ready and waiting for you - hope you get your April tag done soon! (I haven't - again!) Love the look of the tags in the post below, too. Helen, 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your Tim tag. Poor bee. One landed in front of me in the car park as I was afraid a car would run over it. Hope it flew away. Like the idea of preserving yours though.
    Happy woyww

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor bee, I am scared of them being allergic to them, but they do look wonderful, what a lovely idea to preserve it :)

    Your desk looks wonderful, look forward to seeing your finished tag.

    Happy WOYWW
    Amy #77

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the poor bee! At least it will 'live on' if you resin it. Your desk looks amazingly busy and I love the look of your Tim tag so far too. Hugs, Anne x #37

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope we see the completed Tim tag and the resined (?) bee.
    No WOYWW as I have been too busy for crafting :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tags are looking good so far. We always end up with dark backgrounds when we mop up the excess inks.

    The bears @#79 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't even started this months timmy tag. Yours look lovely . happy crafting jill #26

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tags, you have been busy. So much fun to get inky and splatter the paints.
    Krisha #108

    ReplyDelete
  9. great looking tags and lots of lovely things going on on your desk. I am thinking of the poor bee dead so soon, I hope he finds a place in your crafting
    Happy WOYWW #203 and thank you for sharing your desk with us today
    Ria #60

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Tags are coming on great Toni, Interesting about the bee, we had a dead bee on the patio last week, the day after a really cold night so maybe it just didnt find shelter early enough. I love big bumble bees so big and bulky yet so beautiful. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great desk, lovely vintage sewing tags too!
    Karen #64

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's hoping you are back playing at your desk very soon. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tags look great. Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #17

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the poor bee! At least it will 'live on' if you resin it. Your desk looks amazingly busy and I love the look of your Tim tag so far too

    ReplyDelete