Thursday 4 October 2012

Distress Markers for Studio L3 #23


It's time for Studio L3 Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2 challenge #23. How long can this continue? we ask ourselves. The answer is easy, not long enough! It's a great weekly challenge and Linda has excelled in hosting this trip through Tim Holtz's second volume. This week, it was time to get out the Distress Markers. For ideas on how to use these turn to page 50 and have a go. You don't need a full set, a few of your favourite colours will get you going. I've got 10...so far.....nine different colours, plus Picket Fence white. I may add a few brighter colours at some later date. I've made these 'vintage' alphabet cards, which sort of evolved after i stamped and coloured the bird. I was really wanting to use these Chronicles Alphabet Letter Stamps, which I bought from Inspiration Emporium with my lucky win in the Twelve Tags Challenge. I simply love them. Linda also has a fantastic prize up for grabs this week, so good luck everybody x


12 comments:

  1. Wow, these are totally gorgeous! Love how you used the Distress Markers so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, your colouring is beautiful, you have made that clock look almost real. Stunning cards! Love them all. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving a comment on my tag but I am humbled by your beautiful cards. Really really pretty. You did a much better job than I did blending the colors. I HATE when the paper starts to fray form the water and friction so I didn't push it very far…I guess in hindsight I should have used watercolor paper but I have a #8 tag thing going for this challenge. I'd love to hear how you did the backgrounds….they are so pretty. Can you share through a secret email itsrainingjellybeans@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!! These are marvelous! Perfectly colored and perfectly shaded...you work DM well!!! Love love love these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful, love the backgrounds and the bird is lovely,can't wait to see the rest of the alphabet

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work Toni...love them all.. I got your wonderful candy today when I returned from work... It is fabulous and your Beautiful tag... you are so generous... Thank you so much.. I have posted the news on my blog with a link to you..... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're just stunning Toni - glorious colouring, and the "watercolour" backgrounds just show what the Distress markers are really capable of... they look like the real thing vintage-wise - a big old WOW!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This are really wonderful - now are you ready to give instructions to all of us old people. Wonderful art work Toni!!!! Yep I am a follower. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo! Toni these are beautiful and love the way you have coloured them. I have the stamp you used for A and she looks super!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. have missed so much of your fab work and don't know why blogger hasn't picked it up, so am following you again as I love your creations. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful Toni, a lovely idea and such gorgeous colouring too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to have missed this earlier Toni. Superb use of DM's and the backgrounds are to die for. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete