Sunday 9 September 2012

Simon Says 'Stamptember'

There's great fun to be had over at the Simon Says Stamp Blog where they are celebrating 'Stamptember' with a month of activities reminding us of why we like stamping so much. There has been a great blog hop followed an invitation to join in with their 'read all about it' challenge with a huge $100 token for a prize. I've made this canvas journal cover inspired by a previous piece of work I made for the House of Bears Challenge which was based on the writings of Maya Angelou. It made me look at her 5 book autobiography again and I realised what fabulous titles the books have. This journal cover features the fourth book ' Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas'. It's given me a great opportunity to use this stamp from The Stampsmith's African American Heritage plate.This stamped image reminds me of those family Christmas's where children are called upon to show off their talents and entertain the doting adults. I've stamped the image with black Archival ink and added some stamped flourishes. Music and splodges have been stamped with vintage photo DI. The larger vintage  music backgound is a download from The Graphics Fairy. The canvas has been painted with acrylic paints and stamped over with the flourish stamp. The journal is one I started sometime ago at one of Annelise Bates' workshops, its called ABC of Me. It's not very full but my interest has been rekindled now it has a nice new cover

 This is the first time I've used these photo realistic stamps. I think this is a fabulous image !


Inside the journal featuring an 'abundance' of my ancestors.

This is the back of the journal cover. I am probably going to apply a coat of Matte Multi Medium as I think it will enhance the texture.x

7 comments:

  1. Is that an old family tradition??? Because my kids still do it, and no one even asks them to...lol!!! I love these images of yours!!! What a fab cover to the journal, and your first page is wonderful...great photo collage! Looks like you are doing an alphabet? Love that idea! Gorgeous work here as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book is amazing! I love the cover! Love the machine stitching and the layers musical papers. Perfect for your theme and that awesome African Heritage stamp. Your art journal pages are equally as wonderful! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful journal, the music paper background is perfect to set off that beautiful image. Loving your pages too especially the way you do your journalling. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous book and such a great idea! Love the stamp you used on the outside, and the inside page you show is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Toni! Love your cover and how you added all the swirls!! Lovely photos on the inside!! And, loving that back cover. What a great journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great piece of work, Toni! Your journal looks fabulous, inside and out... and aren't the Stampsmith images amazing?!? Love what you've done with this one!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Toni,

    That cover is just so cute! Is that really a stamp and not a photo? Did I read that right?

    The interior page looks great too.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete