Thursday 31 May 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2 Brushless Watercolour


Just a quick post so that I can keep up with Linda's Studio L3, Compendium of Curiosities Book 2 Challenge 7. The challenge is also sponsored  by 'eclectic Paperie' with a $25 goods token! This week it is Tim's brushless water colour technique. This is a great technique for anyone that likes the look of watercolours but is terrified of painting. For full instructions turn to page 49 in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2 and give it a go. I've created this 'vintage postcard' using distress stains and watercolour paper. The frame has some embossed resist flourishes and stamped rust marks. The stamps I've used for both the card and frame are by Artemio. The post card stamp I've used on the back of the card  is by Stampington. As with all the techniques I've tried, spurred on by Linda's challenges this is a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is just lovely. I so like the subtle effect with this technique.

    ReplyDelete