Sunday 15 January 2012

Hot Tip for Faux Enamel Technique !

I'd like to share this Hot Tip. I bought a roll of sticky backed aluminium foil tape from my local hardware shop, it's around 7 cms wide (3 inches) It's used by heating engineers to join ducting(aparently),I've used it for both of my book covers and it works brilliantly. The roll I've got is labelled 'Asbo Tape' and there's metres and metres of it, all for the princely sum of £4.99. I stuck two or three strips, slightly overlapping them, onto a piece of card,then cut it to the size of my embossing folder. The embossing makes the joins barely noticeable. It's great for experimenting with. Check it out crafters!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I found that roll too! It's fun and cheap to play with. You can buy copper too, but much more pricey. Love your experimenting here.

    ReplyDelete